Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Vote Steal

Photo courtesy of bagborroworsteal.com

There is an azure t-shirt by Freda that costs $220. A Diane Von Furstenberg scarf will set you back at least $150. A sweater from Rag & Bone will suck almost $300 right out of your wallet. I love Diane Von Furstenberg, but give me a break. These are basic pieces with a ritzy price tag that you will probably get tired of in three months. That, or you will have a mental breakdown when you accidentally get ketchup on your $300 sweater. And who wants to be that girl?

Let's face it-- most of us can't just shrug off a ruined $200 t-shirt and go buy another one. Not gonna happen. However, every woman deserves to have that one special piece that makes her feel like royalty.

Enter the private sale at Bag Borrow or Steal, where you can buy couture bags, shoes, and accessories for a fraction of the cost. Now here comes your reality injection for the day: discount couture is still expensive. That's not the point. I'm not asking you to line your closet with Fendi purses or take out a second mortgage on your house so you can have Jimmy Choo pumps in every color. I'm talking about one piece of elegance that you will have for the next twenty years, can pass on to your daughter, or just make her buy her own damn Chanel.

That being said, you should probably bypass the shoes and go straight for the jewelry or purses. I don't know about you, but my shoes take a beating. I generally refuse to pay more than $30 for everyday shoes-- when I know I'll wear through the soles in a year.

I recommend a classic Chanel purse. I mean, look at it. Clean lines, elegant, chic, and goes with everything. You will have it for the rest of your life. Don't believe me? Rent it, and see what all the fuss is about. At the very least, you will become addicted to browsing for discount Prada and Alexander McQueen. Just don't blow your money on something trendy just because a designer slapped his logo on the front.

Lola's Tip of the Day: Get an extra 20% off now through July 23!

No comments:

Post a Comment